Part-time Marketing Assistant
Salary £18,000 per annum pro rata (£10,800 actual)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out market research to identify and contact potential new clients for The BIC.
- To market Staffordshire BIC and its products and services to increase the existing client base.
- Assist with the administrative duties within the marketing department.
- Use social media to market The BIC and its products and services.
- Preparation for exhibitions and events.
- Maintain information on the BIC systems and build up good working relationships with BIC staff.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are complied with, within areas under his/her control.
- Carry out any other work as is deemed reasonable and necessary.
Job Title: SBIIS3 Part-time Marketing Assistant
Salary: £18,000 per year, pro rata (Actual £10,800)
Duration: This is a temporary part-time post until 31st December 2021.
Based in a modern office environment in the Sutherland Institute that has a no smoking policy. Travel may be required.
Working Hours: This is a part-time position working three full days, totalling 22.5 hours per week.
Salary: Salary will be £18,000 per annum pro rata, paid on a monthly basis, on 26th of every month. After successful completion of the three-month trial period, a pension calculated at 9% of your salary will be paid into the BIC pension plan.
Annual Leave Entitlement: You will be entitled to 27 days paid holiday per annum plus statutory bank holidays (pro rata). The holiday year runs from 1st January to 31st December. The entitlement will be calculated pro rata depending on hours worked and month the employment commences.
Business Mileage: If you use your own vehicle on BIC business please ensure that you are insured to do so then the appropriate allowance is payable as per the national HMRC scheme.
Probation Period: The post is subject to a three-month trial period during which time either party can terminate the employment without notice. It is also subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
Notice Period: One month’s notice is required to terminate employment (upon completion of the 3-month trial period).
References: Two satisfactory references before commencement of employment will be required, including one from present employer.
Asylum and Immigration: According to the Immigration, Asylum, Nationality Act 2006 you must (if appointed) provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom, and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Your continuing employment is subject to you having leave to remain and work in the United Kingdom by having a valid work permit. Should your work permit fail to be renewed at a future date, the BIC would have to terminate your contract with immediate effect.
Job Title: SBIIS3 Part time Marketing Assistant
Minimum Essential Requirements
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Previous marketing experience required
- Knowledge of ERDF funding desirable
- Social media marketing desirable
- Knowledge of the Staffordshire area
- Maths & English GCSE Level 4 (A-C) minimum
Skills and abilities
- Results focused and able to work to deadlines
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, confidently able to use Microsoft office and the ability to learn new IT software where relevant.
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking styles
- Team player
- Flexible, pragmatic approach to work
- Self-aware and motivated, confident and positive
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Smart appearance
- Car owner with clean driving licence, including business use insurance
To apply for this opportunity, please send your C.V and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org