Part time Accounts Administrator
Salary £20,000 per annum pro rata (£13,333 actual)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accounting duties including monthly reconciliations, using Sage Line 50.
- Provide administration and co-ordination of ERDF funded projects.
- Update staff records and reconcile when required.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Central administration office using Microsoft packages.
- To answer telephone calls to all BIC clients and visitors, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain information on the BIC systems and build up good working relationships with BIC staff.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are complied with within areas under his/her control.
- Carry out any other work as is deemed reasonable and necessary, or as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or Deputy CEO.
Job Title: SBIIS3 Accounts Administrator
Salary: £20,000 per year, pro rata (Actual £13,333)
Duration: This is a fixed term part time post until 30th September 2023.
Based in a modern office environment in Sutherland Institute that has a no smoking policy. Travel may be required to meetings and events.
Working Hours: The working week is for 25 hours over 5 days Monday to Friday. However, there may be flexibility in these arrangements.
Salary: Salary will be £20,000 per annum pro rata, paid on a monthly basis, on 26th of every month. After successful completion of the three month trial period, a pension calculated at 9% of your salary will be paid into the BIC pension plan.
Annual Leave Entitlement: You will be entitled to 27 days paid holiday per annum plus statutory bank holidays. The holiday year runs from 1st January to 31st December. The entitlement will be calculated pro rata depending on hours worked and month the employment commences.
Business Mileage: If you use your own vehicle on BIC business please ensure that you are insured to do so then the appropriate allowance is payable as per the national HMRC scheme.
Probation Period: The post is subject to a three-month trial period during which time either party can terminate the employment without notice. It is also subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
Notice Period: One month’s notice is required to terminate employment (upon completion of the 3 month trial period).
References: Two satisfactory references before commencement of employment will be required, including one from the present employer.
Asylum and Immigration: According to the Immigration, Asylum, Nationality Act 2006 you must (if appointed) provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom, and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Your continuing employment is subject to you having leave to remain and work in the United Kingdom by having a valid work permit. Should your work permit fail to be renewed at a future date, the BIC would have to terminate your contract with immediate effect.
Job Title: SBIIS3 part-time Accounts/Administrator
Minimum Essential Requirements
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Experience of Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Office
- Previous Accounting experience up to reconciliations, (AAT desirable)
- Experience of working with ERDF funding
- Experience of working with SME’s
Skills and abilities
- Results focused and able to work to deadlines
- Keen eye for detail
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, confidently able to use Microsoft office and the ability to learn new IT software where relevant.
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking styles
- Team player
- Flexible, pragmatic approach to work
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Self-aware and motivated, confident and positive
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Smart appearance
- Car owner with clean driving licence, including business use insurance
To apply for this opportunity, please send your C.V and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 19th February 2020.
Interviews will be held w/c 24th February 2020